From: "Quinn (gentoo-dev)" <zzdurfy8001@××××××××××.com>
To: ivor@×××××××××××.za
Cc: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HELP...URGENT VIA KM133A Savage Pro video corruption
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 06:33:58
1 Hi,
2
3 I think the new stock kernel (2.4.19) fixes the garbled video problem.
4 You can also use this script: (place in /etc/init.d/via_fixup):
5
6 ---cut
7 #!/bin/sh
8
9 # The aim is to set bit 5 of register 0x55 on device 00:00.0
10 /sbin/setpci -s 00:00.0 0x55=0x38
11
12 ---end cut
13
14 Then run (as root):
15
16 rc-update add via_fixup boot
17
18 and reboot and your video should be fine...
19
20 Cheers,
21 Tobias.
22