From: Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Nominations for council
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 18:30:33
1 > >> Except you'd rather veto the ones you don't like. Hehe... It must
2 > >> suck being
3 > >> you, wanting to veto people and not being able to do it :)
4 > >
5 > > I trust the masses to do the sensible thing and not vote for people
6 > > who'd be bad for the project. Hopefully that means we get the Council
7 > > from last year, with one or two new faces?
8 >
9 > Hopefully everyone would be 'new' and only a couple of people (if not
10 > less) repeat. This council hasn't really done anything right.
11
12 I think we are losing site of the point here, that being council nominations
13 and soliciting those nominees for their views on matters that any of us find
14 relevant.
15
16 Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but how we share those opinions
17 is a privilege not a right. Read: insults, attacks, and abrasive behavior
18 are not acceptable and DevRel will not tolerate this. I encourage someone to
19 talk about what they feel the next council could do better, or even list
20 examples where they feel our current council went wrong, in their eyes; but
21 do so in a manner that provokes civil discussion so we may all be the better
22 for it.
25 Kind regards,
26 Christina Fullam
27 Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations
33 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list