From: Fabulous Zhang Zheng <zheng1181822466@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE=ninja to compile by ninja, otherwise by make
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:32:29
1 Thanks for your reply
2
3 <waebbl-gentoo@××××××.net> 于2022年7月30日周六 01:09写道:
4
5 > On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 00:38:54 +0800
6 > Fabulous Zhang Zheng <zheng1181822466@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >
8 > > Dear everyone,
11 > > While gentoo-devhelp is a better place for questions, it's been inactive
12 > > for years so I sent an email here. Apologies if this is solely for gentoo
13 > > developers.
14 >
15 > There's #gentoo-dev-help
18 > > After trying to read cmake.eclass source code, I think separately
19 > denoting
20 > > ninja/make in src_compile and src_install might be possible. But
21 > > cmake_build still automatically detects the build type so I am confused.
24 > Take a look at CMAKE_MAKEFILE_GENERATOR variable used in cmake.eclass.
25 > You want to change this from the default to emake if you want to use
26 > make instead of ninja.
29 > I noticed this variable before but it must be set before inherit.
30 If I try something like:
31
32 if ! use ninja; then
33 CMAKE_MAKEFILE_GENERATOR=emake
34 fi
35 inherit cmake xdg ninja-utils
36
37 pkgcheck will say report error:
38 external commands disallowed during metadata regen: 'use ninja'
39
40 Best regards