From: Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new feature to disable merging into stray locations
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:44:44
1 On 30/04/12 10:39, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Krzysztof Pawlik wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 30/04/12 10:12, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
5 >>> If the eclass doesn't work with FEATURES="collision-protect" then it
6 >>> needs to be fixed.
7 >
8 >> Long story short: older eclass compiled Python byte code in live
9 >> file system, new one does it in src_install so .pyo/.pyc gets
10 >> properly recorded,
11 >
12 > That's a good change.
13
14 :)
15
16 >> so the package *has to overwrite* files that are not owned by anyone
17 >> (no package owns them).
18 >
19 > The usual approach to this problem was to have some cleanup code in
20 > pkg_setup or pkg_preinst that would remove the old files.
21
22 Interesting idea - I see two problems:
23 - how I would get the list of files for already installed version (the file
24 list can (and will) differ between versions)
25 - PM has a manifest file that lists all installed file, it can check against
26 it, not against live file system, so just removing the files may not be enough
27 (just my speculations - I'm not sure of this)
30 Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xF6A80E46
31 desktop-misc, java, vim, kernel, python, apache...