From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] media-video/vlc looking for a new maintainer
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:01:22
1 On 15 September 2012 04:01, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > After more than 5 years maintaining it (sh*t I'm old), I've
5 > progressively lost interest in it, to the point that I consider it is
6 > better that someone else takes care of it. So far I have dropped
7 > maintainership to the video herd but vlc usually needs more specific
8 > attention, so I fear that it may not survive long if left as
9 > such.
10 >
11 > From what I've read in various places, I'm pretty sure there are
12 > competent fellow devs interested in it, so, please step up!
13 > I will of course help the brave(s) that would take it over with what
14 > they may need to know to be at ease with the package.
15 >
16 > Alexis.
19 Thanks for all you have done maintaining VLC all those years. It is
20 undoubtedly one of the most popular and versatile video players out
21 there. I really hope someone steps up to become its new dedicated
22 maintainer.
23
24 (Personally I have no interest as I use and co-maintain SMPlayer.)
27 Cheers,
28
29 Ben | yngwin
30 Gentoo developer
31 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin