From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] media-video/vlc looking for a new maintainer
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 20:04:17
1 Hi,
2
3 After more than 5 years maintaining it (sh*t I'm old), I've
4 progressively lost interest in it, to the point that I consider it is
5 better that someone else takes care of it. So far I have dropped
6 maintainership to the video herd but vlc usually needs more specific
7 attention, so I fear that it may not survive long if left as
8 such.
9
10 From what I've read in various places, I'm pretty sure there are
11 competent fellow devs interested in it, so, please step up!
12 I will of course help the brave(s) that would take it over with what
13 they may need to know to be at ease with the package.
14
15 Alexis.