From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, gnome <gnome@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] The gnome king is dead, long live the gnome king
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:23:41
Hello dear followers,

tonight after a some deliberation I have decided to step down as gnome
lead in favor of AllanonJL. As far as I am concerned AllanonJL has been
the acting lead for quite a while now, while I was too busy to devote
much time to Gentoo and as such it was the only logical next step.

This doesn't mean I will leave Gentoo, it just means I'm going to get
myself out of a few herds and positions I don't belong in anymore.
Trying to focus on the things I can still do to keep Gentoo the one
distro I love to use.

I'd like to say thanks to Spider, Obz, Leonardop, Dang,
Compnerd, AllanonJL, Zaheer and all the other contributors over time on
bugzilla and IRC for bringing gnome on Gentoo where it currently is.

Also I'd like to invite everyone interested in helping gnome on Gentoo
to join #gentoo-desktop on freenode IRC, mail us directly or triage bugs
on bugzilla. We can certainly use more help on pretty much any level,
from user-testing to full blown fresh developers getting their hands
dirty.

thanks for your time,
Marinus