From: Tobias Sager <moixa@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] security updates only?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 07:07:06
1 On 15.08.03 07:31 Marius Mauch wrote:
2
3 > I wrote a small prototype for that, but it needs support from the
4 > GLSA guys as it is very difficult to get the GLSA from a script as
5 > they are only published at different mailing lists and the forums.
6 > Another issue is that my script works with XML versions of GLSA, so
7 > someone needs to convert the plaintext versions.
8 > Code, DTD and sample XML GLSA are available at
9 > http://gentoo.devel-net.org/glsa/ .
10
11 Very nice. I like the idea of automagical security updates.
12
13 It should be easy (and I could do it in .sh or .pl, but not .py; shall
14 I?) to write a script which converts the plain, unmodified GLSAs to your
15 parsable XML format.
16
17 Then maybe a GLSA-portage category would be nice? (Or does this exist
18 already?)
19
20 Regards
21 Tobias
24 GPG-Key: 0xEF37FF28 (1024/4096 - DSA/ELG-E)
25 Fingerprint: 3C4B 155F 2621 CEAF D3A6 0CCB 937C 9597 EF37 FF28