From: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] security updates only?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 07:29:22
1 On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:07:01 +0200
2 Tobias Sager <moixa@×××.ch> wrote:
3
4 > On 15.08.03 07:31 Marius Mauch wrote:
5 >
6 > > I wrote a small prototype for that, but it needs support from the
7 > > GLSA guys as it is very difficult to get the GLSA from a script as
8 > > they are only published at different mailing lists and the forums.
9 > > Another issue is that my script works with XML versions of GLSA, so
10 > > someone needs to convert the plaintext versions.
11 > > Code, DTD and sample XML GLSA are available at
12 > > http://gentoo.devel-net.org/glsa/ .
13 >
14 > Very nice. I like the idea of automagical security updates.
15 >
16 > It should be easy (and I could do it in .sh or .pl, but not .py; shall
17 > I?) to write a script which converts the plain, unmodified GLSAs to
18 > your parsable XML format.
19
20 Yes, that's not the main problem. The major issue is that there is no
21 HTTP or FTP server at the moment where I can grab the GLSA and I somehow
22 don't like the idea of subscribing a script to mailing lists and posting
23 the result on some unoffical server. Parsing the forum announcements is
24 IMO not an option at all.
25 I sent a mail to aliz about it but didn't get a reply yet :(
26
27 > Then maybe a GLSA-portage category would be nice? (Or does this exist
28 > already?)
29
30 AFAIK portage knows nothing about GLSA stuff. It would be nice if the
31 GLSA were distributed on emerge sync.
32
33 Marius
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list