From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only you can prevent broken portage trees
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:47:32
1 On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:34:13 +0100 "Fernando J. Pereda"
2 <ferdy@g.o> wrote:
3 | On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 03:23:00PM -0500, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
4 | > Third, the best proposal I've seen here is for developers to get
5 | > shell accounts on alternate architectures. There's quite a few of
6 | > them floating around, and I'm pretty sure the arch teams will help
7 | > you get a shell on one of the boxes somewhere. Some of the arches
8 | > even have shell boxes for that purpose sitting at OSU or
9 | > something. This would work for at least the console applications
10 | > (the visual stuff will be a little trickier).
11 |
12 | Just to add a little thing here:
13 |
14 | Arch teams have been using vnc through ssh to test visual stuff like
15 | gnome, kde, xfce and their respective mothers, for years.
16 |
17 | So testing visual stuff remotely *is* possible.
18
19 Kind of... You won't, for example, have picked up the endian bug in
20 urxvt by doing that.
23 Ciaran McCreesh
24 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
25 Web : http://ciaranm.org/