From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removal of rxvt
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 22:24:00
1 On 05/11/2017 08:57 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > Rxvt is ancient. It's been replace by rxvt-unicode. Rxvt hasn't seen
5 > updates in years. Recently it's been the subject of a security
6 > vulnerability, and I suspect it's filled with other potential
7 > vulnerabilities. Rxvt has no upstream. I tried reaching out to the
8 > former upstream, and it's evident everybody has moved on and has no
9 > interest in further maintenance. It doesn't even have a Gentoo
10 > maintainer!
11 >
12 > Given this, I'd like to remove rxvt from Gentoo, with the usual
13 > mask-for-30-days process.
14 >
15 > Does anybody have any objections to me doing this? (I'll wait a week
16 > from now before taking any actions.)
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 > Jason
22 Sounds sane to me. It might be helpful to ask if anyone in gentoo-user
23 is interested in proxying, but as far as I know anyone who used rxvt
24 migrated to rxvt-unicode once it was stable.
27 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
28 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
29 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6