From: Simone Gotti <motaboy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ANN: broken-up kde ebuilds (aka 'emerge kmail')
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:13:18
1 On Tuesday 19 October 2004 21:56, Anthony Gorecki wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 19 October 2004 2:30 pm, Anthony Gorecki wrote:
3 > > This announcement is good to hear, though my one concern is regarding
4 > > updates to KDE. Will only two developers be able to keep all of these
5 > > packages up-to-date?
6 >
7 > In addition, why aren't these segregated ebuilds blocking the official
8 > Gentoo KDE packages? I somehow doubt there will be much cooperation between
9 > the two sets of packages once they start clobbering each others' files.
10
11 Because we hadn't already added the blocking DEPEND in the kde-meta.eclass. I
12 think it's quite easy to implement.
13 I think that in these beta stage there are more important things before, and
14 for testing we needed to keep also the official installed, so after
15 installing all the splitted ones, we checked that removing the official
16 doesn't left out any file.
17 But I have also to admit that the real testing should be done with the
18 official kde uninstalled (I've already did it on x86 and a my friend on a
19 sparc) also if I haven't found any difference (except for some headers in
20 koffice-libs).
21
22 Bye!