From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] g-elisp repository helper
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:41:02
1 21.02.13 16:18, Ulrich Mueller написав(ла):
2 > It looks promising. I only wonder why you need to define your own
3 > fetch function instead of assigning SRC_URI? This will cause the
4 > ebuilds to be live ebuilds and there will be no possibility for the
5 > user to verify the integrity of the downloaded package. Or have I
6 > missed something?
9 > Cheers,
10 > Ulrich
13 Thanks. The problem with SRC_URI is that if it is defined, manifests
14 should include hashes of the source files. As g-elisp is aimed to
15 dynamically generate overlays on user's computer it means that during
16 this generation all the sources from elisp repos will be downloaded. It
17 isn't very nice.
18 The integrity of sources could be verified in ebuild, but I have not
19 found any hashes in elpa's repository info. May be I just failed in my
20 googling, so if you know a solution of this problem, I will implement it
21 with great pleasure.
22
23 Best regards,
24 Jauhien