From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing instructions for security bugs
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:49:17
1 On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 03:45:49PM -0500 or thereabouts, Jason Huebel wrote:
2 > I like this too. A request for a bump for security reasons should include a
3 > test case so that the arch maintainer can verify the fix worked.
4
5 While I am not opposed to the idea, the security team isn't in a position
6 to take on this responsibility. We don't have the staffing (or, quite
7 frankly, the interest) to figure out how to use every single package in our
8 tree.
9
10 If folks want this to be implemented, it needs to be the responsibility of
11 the package maintainers. (and, if we decide to do this, I will be willing
12 to write test cases for the packages I maintain.)
13
14 --kurt