From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing instructions for security bugs
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:44:56
1 On Saturday 21 August 2004 11:55 pm, Jason Wever wrote:
2 > I'll second this motion. I've asked this a few times before but the
3 > general consensus is that people do not want to do work that while
4 > inconveniences them, saves time for a lot more people. However there are
5 > some folks who are kind enough to provide test cases, and to them I am
6 > very grateful :)
7 >
8 > If and when QA becomes a more serious force than it is now, I think this
9 > should be something to be considered to be added to the list of "stuff you
10 > need to do as a Gentoo package maintainer".
11 >
12 > --
13 > Jason Wever
14 > Gentoo/Sparc Co-Team Lead
15
16 I like this too. A request for a bump for security reasons should include a
17 test case so that the arch maintainer can verify the fix worked.
20 Jason Huebel
21 Gentoo/amd64 Strategic Lead
22 Gentoo Developer Relations/Recruiter
23
24 GPG Public Key:
25 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230
26
27 "Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
28 Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)