From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: use flags -> use options
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:54:32
1 Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
2 > Marius Mauch wrote:
3
4 >> We already have this with USE_EXPAND. Not exactly the same syntax, but
5 >> I don't see a terrible problem in that, and we don't have to fix all
6 >> three trillion related tools to handle it. Unless you can come up
7 >> with a case that can't be handled with USE_EXPAND.
8
9 > No, USE_EXPAND is only a way to abbreviate use flags with a common substring
10 > in their name, such as "impl_guile impl_sbcl impl_clisp" which could be
11 > encoded interchangeably as either
12
13 You're kidding, right?
14
15 > USE EXPAND Defines a list of variables which are to be treated incrementally and who
16 > contents are to be expanded into the USE variable as passed to ebuilds. Expansion
17 > done as per Algorithm 2. So, for example, if USE EXPAND contains ‘ALSA CARDS’, an
18 > the ALSA CARDS variable contains ‘foo’, ‘alsa_cards_foo’ will be appended to USE.
19
20 > Algorithm 2: USE EXPAND logic
21 > for each variable V listed in USE EXPAND do
22 > for each token T in V do
23 > append v_T to USE, where v is the lowercase of V
24 > end for
25 > end for
29 fonts / wxWindows / gcc-porting / treecleaners
30 EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662 (0xF9A40662)
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list