From: Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Anti-spam for goose
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 13:40:20
1 On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 1:18 AM waebbl <waebbl@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Am Do., 21. Mai 2020 um 22:14 Uhr schrieb Viktar Patotski <
4 > xp.vit.blr@×××××.com>:
5 >
6 >> I believe that we are all have forgotten about Donald Knuth: Premature
7 >> optimisation is the root of all evill.
8 >>
9 > I won't consider spam protection to be a optimisation. Instead, the
10 > occurence of spam is IMO a proper use-case from a developers PoV. Therefore
11 > thinking about how to handle it, is a necessary task.
12 >
13 Abusing Knuth's words as an excuse to avoid any and all good practice is
14 the root of all evil.