From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] allowing configuration of builds?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 15:48:39
1 Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:04:37PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 > >
5 > > At the moment we focus on stability and do not want to add more features to
6 > > ebuild.
7 > > Once packages are all correct, secure and dependencies are all working we
8 > > want to
9 > > improve configuration.
10 > >
11 > > Daniel is working on a next gen ebuild. I don't think such major
12 > > modifications will be made
13 > > to our current ebuild but they will make it in the next version.
16 > Oh, ok... Maybe I'm being a little to feature hungry :)
17
18 :-) No problem we still think about new features for the next ebuild major
19 version.
23 > Oh, and I ran make check on the glibc build again, and it went fine this
24 > time... The problem was the one you mentioned before. I wan't doing
25 > anything other than compiling glibc, though, so I'm not sure what cause
26 > the problem.
27
28 This is definately a kernel/reiserfs problem. Take a look at the reiserfs
29 mailinglist and
30 watch out for low latency relatet mails.
31 What kerenle did you use 2.4.1-pre8 or 2.4.0-ac11 ?
32
33 achim~
37 > Pete
40 > gentoo-dev mailing list