From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add support for rsync patches
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 08:13:10
1 On Tuesday, February 04, 2014 22:25:00 Jauhien Piatlicki wrote:
2 > 04.02.14 20:53, Donnie Berkholz написав(ла):
3 > > On 12:48 Tue 28 Jan , Michał Górny wrote:
4 > >> Dnia 2014-01-28, o godz. 11:59:33 Jauhien Piatlicki napisał(a):
5 > >>> net-misc/rsync upstream provides a tarball with additional patches that
6 > >>> can be useful for some users. I think it would be nice to have them
7 > >>> handled automatically by portage using e.g. USE_EXPAND.
8 > >>>
9 > >>> Of course these patches can be just picked by user an applied using
10 > >>> epatch_user, but I think it would be much easier and convenient to do
11 > >>> this with just setting a use flag.
12 > >>
13 > >> ...and what do you want from gentoo-dev@? You need someone to file
14 > >> the bug for ya?
15 > >
16 > > This is not the level of friendliness that is going to welcome potential
17 > > new contributors into our community.
18 >
19 > I'm reading this list for a long rime, so I'm quiet acquainted with this
20 > level of friendliness. So do not mind.
21
22 being used to it does not make it acceptable
23
24 > I've wrote this list because potential changes I want to do include
25 > adding of new USE_EXPAND that should be discussed here anyway. And there
26 > can be reasons why this have not done, that I'm not aware of, and
27 > maintainer of rsync or somebody else could comment here.
28 >
29 > Anyway I still have not ended with those changes and hence still have
30 > not posted a bug. So do not mind once again. ;-)
31
32 i don't see any patches in rsync-3.1.0. i'd be hesitant to add support for
33 them even if they were there ...
34
35 i added epatch_user to the ebuild years ago though, so you largely should be
36 able to get the same functionality (albeit with a bit ore footwork on your
37 side).
38 -mike