From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Item for 10 Jan 2008 Council meeting
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:36:13
1 Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 08. January 2008 22:44:17 Chrissy Fullam wrote:
3 >> 'bodies' would be needed to enforce CoC on #gentoo-dev
4 >
5 > I don't really see any need for moderation on #gentoo-dev. We've managed
6 > quite nicely without big brothers watching us so far and I think we
7 > should simply keep doing that.
8
9 The main idea isn't to have big brothers, just have a set of minimum
10 requirements in order to make people deciding to kick/defer/ban/shun
11 other feel and look less arbitrary.
12
13 > Yes, people have been kicked or even banned in the heat of some
14 > discussions but this basically regulated itself by those kicked (by
15 > simply re-joining) or others removing those bans rather sooner than later
16 > if they were inappropriate.
17
18 And that's perfectly fine and will remain the same hopefully =)
19
20 lu
24 Luca Barbato
25 Gentoo Council Member