From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gentoo@×××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: www-client/phantomjs and dev-ruby/poltergeist
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 11:38:33
1 > Can phantomjs be simply masked for a longer period until the development
2 > world has had an opportunity to catch up?
3
4 Just exactly what I thought.
5
6 Although, in-tree version is obsolete anyway, and upstream made few next
7 releases with brain-exploding buildsystem, so I just pushed 9999 version to my
8 "public sandbox" overlay, and happy with it on the projects that depends on
9 phantomjs.
10
11 By the way, headless chrome, well, work a bit different in comparsion with
12 "analogs" (including wkhtmlto{img,pdf}), so, it needs much more time than a
13 month to get full analogs.
14
15 So, I'm disagree with monthly dropping in this context too (well, I disagree
16 with the idea. As I just said, I by myself is in safe from being affected by
17 it).