From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>, Max <kalika@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Web Application Installation
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 03:47:00
1 On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 03:49:20PM +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Have I missed anyone? Robin?
3 Put me on the list as well, I've spent long enough writing PHP webapps
4 that I know what is going on, and I'm hoping to spear-head the
5 webapp-config tool once the debate it all settled.
6
7 Also, so that Max and you know, I have definetly been following your
8 discussion about the GLEP, eclass and webapp-config, and I am pleased to
9 see it being very productive. I have little additional input to what you
10 have come up with, as this is generally what I intended anyway.
11 There have been a few minor bumps and blips but things appear to be
12 smooth now. All of the web-apps will definetly be slotted. I originally
13 noted by their major version numbers as those are used to show
14 incompatibilities in most cases, but from some of the other comments,
15 slotting them fully by the complete version number is looking better
16 now. One clarification however, multiple instances of webapps are NOT
17 nessicarily across vhosts, in several cases, you may want multiple
18 instances of a webapp on a single vhost or many other variants of that.
19 The administrator would be telling us exactly where he wants us placed,
20 and we can ask for more information as needed if we can't figure it out.
21
22 Part of this could possibly also be aided by a later config tool to
23 create virtual hosts. I already have one that I use for my own setup,
24 but it would need quite a bit of work for Gentoo purposes.
25
26 I'm still very busy with work but things are looking up now (plus today
27 was a public holiday here), so while I'm not on IRC much anymore, I'm
28 certainly around on email and CVS.
31 Robin Hugh Johnson
32 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
33 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
34 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
35 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85