From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:42:57
1 On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:42:30AM +0200, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA256
4 >
5 > On 22/07/14 02:36, hasufell wrote:
6 > > William Hubbs:
7 > >> My concern about doing a revbump just because the deps change is
8 > >> that the new revision has to be committed in ~arch, so we then
9 > >> have to hit the arch teams, which we know are overworked anyway,
10 > >> with stable requests just because we changed the dependencies.
11 > >> Isn't that causing a lot of possibly unnecessary work for our
12 > >> arch teams?
13 > > Procedure over logic?
14 > >
15 > > Just commit it straight to arch if repoman doesn't complain.
16 > William,
17 >
18 > this is, as Julian pointed out, a problem you can solve by changing
19 > your policies. This is not a problem related to the Portage software,
20 > in which dynamic-deps are broken.
21
22 s/your/our/
23
24 Repoman refuses to commit if you try to go directly to stable without
25 using --force.
26
27 I'm just being cautious; I'm not sure whether this qualifies as the type
28 of emergency situation where commiting directly to stable is a good
29 thing or not.
30
31 William