From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The state and future of the OpenRC project
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 15:15:55
1 On Sun, 08 Jun 2014 14:41:04 +0000
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The amount of contributors (with real patches and real ebuilds) is
5 > constantly decreasing,
6
7 As evidenced where exactly?
8
9 > because our workflow is horrible. I hope you
10 > don't actually think that bugzilla is an appropriate review platform.
11
12 A poor workman ...
13
14 > The situation with lack of mentors is more than a small problem.
15
16 If you need mentoring to write patches for OpenRC then you should
17 probably focus on lesser goals for the time being.
18
19 > It's a problem for a lot of gentoo internal projects as well where people
20 > start at positions they don't understand, because there is no one who
21 > did mentor them in that specific area.
22
23 We're drifting far from the topic and firmly onto hasufell's pet
24 peeve territory here. Sharks!
27 Kind regards,
28 jer