From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Allow bash-4.0 features in EAPI="3" ebuilds
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 21:22:32
1 On Sun, 24 May 2009 23:16:13 +0200
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3 > Okay, yes, Mr. Long was quite rude there (trying to fight fire with
4 > fire I guess). But in this case you're discussing rather subjective
5 > things again (how often is it the case that you don't have a cache?)
6 > that might not even be a problem.
7
8 This is not in the least bit subjective. You don't have cache:
9
10 * for any overlays you use
11 * often enough for the main tree that we get people asking about it in
12 #paludis, since Paludis warns if it encounters stale cache files.
13
14 We know full well that this is a real problem. Stop pretending that it
15 isn't.
18 Ciaran McCreesh