From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] iconv and libintl virtuals
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:43:13
1 On Sunday 11 December 2005 19:29, Spider (D.m.D. Lj.) wrote:
2 > How will you deal with the packages that build against glibc iconv but
3 > not against the separated?
4 I'll patch them, if they are common packages, ports from FreeBSD, NetBSD,
5 OpenBSD, DragonFly BSD or DarwinPorts will have patches for them, as they use
6 libiconv.
7
8 > There used to be a lot of issues here, which caused me to hard-mask
9 > iconv ( still should be hard masked for most/all glibc-based systems )
10 > due to the split and mainline packages running out of sync.
11 That's why the virtual consider glibc first, for systems where glibc is not
12 present it will go with libiconv. Everyone using glibc *must not* use
13 libiconv, and it *has* to remain hardmasked for them.
14 But libiconv is unmasked for Gentoo/FreeBSD, Gentoo/NetBSD and Gentoo/OpenBSD
15 systems, where it's needed to have iconv() function.
18 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
19 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE