From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: xpdf status
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:09:03
1 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 12 July 2006 16:43, exg@g.o wrote:
3 >> I really would like to see back the upstream version, what do you think?
4 > The reason for this was security I believe. xpdf code is embedded in lots
5 > of other packages (see http://glsa.gentoo.org for some examples). By
6 > linking to poppler this is fixed in one place.
7
8 Right you are, the reason is security.
9 >
10 > Though if someone is willing to maintain a vanilla xpdf ebuild I'd have no
11 > complaints. Genstef?
12 >
13 I have no complaints either. If there is exg doing the security bumps and
14 taking care of the upstream version I am supporting it.
15
16 - Stefan
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list