From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 16:28:00
1 On 10/19/2013 12:24 PM, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 12:14:51 -0400
3 > "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm worried about removing desktop-wm. I think we need some new
6 >> developers in that direction. I too am busy, but I think the best
7 >> use of my time might be mentoring new devs that want to pick up some
8 >> of the weak areas.
9 > With many disparate packages and because people tend to use a single
10 > window manager on a single machine at any time, developers dedicated to
11 > specific packages have always maintained the desktop-wm packages quite
12 > well in general. The current state with the herd removed reflects that
13 > better than with the herd still in place. Time will tell if some of the
14 > window managers are still being used or not and if maintaining them is
15 > useful.
18 > jer
19 >
20 Okay thanks, that make me feel better.
23 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
24 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
25 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
26 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
27 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA