From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 16:24:56
1 On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 12:14:51 -0400
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I'm worried about removing desktop-wm. I think we need some new
5 > developers in that direction. I too am busy, but I think the best
6 > use of my time might be mentoring new devs that want to pick up some
7 > of the weak areas.
8
9 With many disparate packages and because people tend to use a single
10 window manager on a single machine at any time, developers dedicated to
11 specific packages have always maintained the desktop-wm packages quite
12 well in general. The current state with the herd removed reflects that
13 better than with the herd still in place. Time will tell if some of the
14 window managers are still being used or not and if maintaining them is
15 useful.
18 jer