From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 16:13:07
1 On 10/19/2013 12:10 PM, Panagiotis Christopoulos wrote:
2 > On 10:43 Sat 19 Oct , Daniel Campbell wrote:
3 >> On 10/19/2013 10:32 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
4 >> ...
5 >>> x11-wm/fluxbox
6 >> I'm not a developer (but have a completed dev test that doesn't know
7 >> where to go...). I'm interested in nabbing x11-wm/fluxbox (and any
8 >> related projects that are still alive). I use Fluxbox daily and keep an
9 >> eye on upstream. It'd be nice to be able to contribute something
10 >> worthwhile to Gentoo, even if it's just one package (for now).
11 > I'll add myself to fluxbox and probably everything related to fluxbox
12 > but as u know I'm not so active nowadays so anyone who is willing,
13 > should add him/herself too.
14 >
15 > @Daniel, you can help by proxy-maintaining fluxbox or if you want to
16 > become a gentoo developer I can mentor you if you don't find someone
17 > else in your timezone.
18 >
19 > By the way, are you sure, guys, you want to remove the desktop-wm herd at
20 > all?
23 I'm worried about removing desktop-wm. I think we need some new
24 developers in that direction. I too am busy, but I think the best use
25 of my time might be mentoring new devs that want to pick up some of the
26 weak areas.
27
28 --Tony
31 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
32 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
33 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
34 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
35 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA