From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 13:48:40
1 On wto, 2017-07-25 at 09:26 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Except that there is no machines using it. In all contexts, using full URL for machine readability is better as it works with all software out of the box.
7 > Until the domain name of the bugzilla server changes/etc. Even if we
8 > migrated all the old bugs the URLs would break. That might be an
9 > argument for not having a full URL.
10
11 This is a very stupid argument. If we ever break bug URLs, commit
12 messages are the *least* of our concerns.
13
14 > There would also be less variation. Bug: 123456 is pretty unambiguous
15 > as a reference. When you start having http vs https and maybe a few
16 > different ways of creating a URL to a bug it could get messier.
17
18 Except that 123456 could refer to any bugtracker anywhere. No reasonable
19 tool will do anything with that number since it's ambiguous by
20 definition.
21
22 And if I were to use stupid arguments, then I should point out if we
23 ever have a review platform, then the numbers would suddenly become
24 ambiguous -- is it Bugzilla or the review platform?
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny