From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 13:26:43
1 On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Except that there is no machines using it. In all contexts, using full URL for machine readability is better as it works with all software out of the box.
6 Until the domain name of the bugzilla server changes/etc. Even if we
7 migrated all the old bugs the URLs would break. That might be an
8 argument for not having a full URL.
9
10 There would also be less variation. Bug: 123456 is pretty unambiguous
11 as a reference. When you start having http vs https and maybe a few
12 different ways of creating a URL to a bug it could get messier.
13
14 That said, I really don't have a strong opinion on this.
17 Rich