From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: James Harlow <james@××××××××××××××.nu>
Cc: Kumba <kumba@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Speaking of new kernels being added to the tree
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 04:55:00
1 On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 01:25:09AM +0100, James Harlow wrote:
2 > On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 08:17:11PM -0400, Kumba wrote:
3 > > x86 is *way* too diverse an architecture to configure solely through USE
4 > > Flags.
5 >
6 > Well, this isn't true, it wouldn't take more than a couple hundred. Of
7 > course, this would be pretty difficult to sift through by hand, and they
8 > can depend on each other in interesting ways, so someone would probably
9 > need to write some sort of tool to set them and feed this back to the
10 > kernel - maybe more than one tool - one ncurses-based, one pure text,
11 > one qt, or maybe something wacky like tcltk. We could call these tools
12 > something like "menuflagconfig", "xflagconfig", "flagconfig", or
13 > something similar. Actually, I'm surprised no-one has already done
14 > anything like this.
17 They have. It's called "make *config"
20 Jon Portnoy
21 avenj/irc.freenode.net
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list