From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per-package USE documentation (from gentoo-doc)
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:19:14
1 On Tuesday 09 December 2003 09:53, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 09 December 2003 07:00, Luke-Jr wrote:
3 > > On Monday 08 December 2003 09:41 pm, Jason Stubbs wrote:
4 > > > Speaking of the java USE flag, I would suggest that a new java-dev flag
5 > > > should still add gcj to gcc. If a java developer doesn't want gcj,
6 > > > that's a per-package customization issue that will be fully supported
7 > > > in portage-ng (and 2.0.50?)
8 > >
9 > > Shouldn't gcj be enabled simply by java-user? How else are they going to
10 > > emerge/compile a Java pkg?
11 >
12 > I haven't installed many java-based packages from source - only one that I
13 > can remember. It required virtual/jdk and pulled in blackdown. I figured
14 > all others would be the same. If they're not, that is simply another
15 > indication of the same problem.
16
17 Just did some grepping of the portage tree and couldn't find any others that
18 were different. Many packages use virtual/jre instead but they don't compile
19 java source files at all.
20
21 Regards,
22 Jason Stubbs