From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per-package USE documentation (from gentoo-doc)
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 18:53:15
1 On Tuesday 09 December 2003 07:00, Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > On Monday 08 December 2003 09:41 pm, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > Speaking of the java USE flag, I would suggest that a new java-dev flag
4 > > should still add gcj to gcc. If a java developer doesn't want gcj, that's
5 > > a per-package customization issue that will be fully supported in
6 > > portage-ng (and 2.0.50?)
7 >
8 > Shouldn't gcj be enabled simply by java-user? How else are they going to
9 > emerge/compile a Java pkg?
10
11 I haven't installed many java-based packages from source - only one that I can
12 remember. It required virtual/jdk and pulled in blackdown. I figured all
13 others would be the same. If they're not, that is simply another indication
14 of the same problem.
15
16 Regards,
17 Jason Stubbs