From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: alternatives.eclass and ecompress
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:00:17
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
2
3 > On Sunday 04 February 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
4 > > Mike Kelly <pioto@g.o>:
5 > > > Christian Faulhammer wrote:
6 > > > > Fine. If I have a slotted package, every slot having
7 > > > > ${PN}.foo-${SLOT}.1.gz and I want people to be able to call `man
8 > > > > ${PN}`, how should that be done?
9 > > >
10 > > > You could look at eselect-vi[1] for how it handles this case,
11 > > > specifically the set_man_symlink() function.
12 > >
13 > > Thanks for the link, I found a solution myself, but nice to see a
14 > > different approach. But my question is, WHY I shouldn't symlink to
15 > > compressed man pages.
16 > uhh, because you dont know what the compressed man page is ?
17 > what's wrong with doing `dosym foo.1 /usr/share/man/man1/boo.1` and
18 > letting ecompressdir fix the links ? this works for every other
19 > package ive been fixing
20
21 After others explained the problem better, I do some checking in
22 the ebuild and live with the solution. It works.
23
24 V-Li