From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: alternatives.eclass and ecompress
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:59:12
1 On Sunday 04 February 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > Mike Kelly <pioto@g.o>:
3 > > Christian Faulhammer wrote:
4 > > > Fine. If I have a slotted package, every slot having
5 > > > ${PN}.foo-${SLOT}.1.gz and I want people to be able to call `man
6 > > > ${PN}`, how should that be done?
7 > >
8 > > You could look at eselect-vi[1] for how it handles this case,
9 > > specifically the set_man_symlink() function.
10 >
11 > Thanks for the link, I found a solution myself, but nice to see a
12 > different approach. But my question is, WHY I shouldn't symlink to
13 > compressed man pages.
14
15 uhh, because you dont know what the compressed man page is ?
16
17 what's wrong with doing `dosym foo.1 /usr/share/man/man1/boo.1` and letting
18 ecompressdir fix the links ? this works for every other package ive been
19 fixing
20 -mike