From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: repo/gentoo:master commit in: dev-libs/libunibreak/
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 13:31:51
1 On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 8:24 AM, <grozin@g.o> wrote:
2 > If the developers of liblinebreak had not decided to rename their library, I
3 > could safely bump it from 2.1 to 4.0, in spite of the fact that it is
4 > maintainer-needed, right?
5 > Am I personally responsible for their decision to use the new name
6 > libunibreak?
7 > If there are QA problems in libunibreak-4.0.ebuild, they are surely shared
8 > by liblinebreak-2.1.ebuild (which is stable on amd64, ppc and x86, and
9 > ~arm). Why these problems were not cought for many years
10 > liblinebreak-2.1.ebuild is in the tree? (it is there from before the git
11 > migration, git log only shows trivial commits not changing its
12 > functionality)
13
14 If you are maintaining software that uses the new library, just make
15 yourself the maintainer.
16
17 Not sure what these "QA" issues might be; if repoman likes it, and the
18 ebuild works, please go ahead and re-add it.