From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stripping implementation in portage
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:19:24
1 On Tuesday 23 August 2005 07:38, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > Hola all.
3 >
4 > Short version, the nostrip feature is a bit funky as an option. What
5 > I'm after is effectively building all packages *with* debugging
6 > information as default, and leaving it up to the repository you're
7 > merging the package to, to decide on stripping or not.
8
9 Makes sense.
10
11 > So... thoughts? I'd be particularly curious about any package where
12 > this wouldn't be viable.
13
14 I believe xorg-x11 is one such package. But then, this might just be a
15 reason for a pkg_strip().
18 Jason Stubbs