From: Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gcc and qt
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:10:52
1 On Thursday 19 December 2002 15:39, Pieter Breed wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > The other thing is that the newest Qt (qt-3.1.1) breaks my mono-spaced
5 > fonts. I am not a font buff so I just mean 'all fonts where chars are of
6 > equal width' Also it (obviously) only breaks fonts for programs (typically
7 > KDE) that uses the Qt font subsystem. I say this because my gnome programs
8 > (like gvim) display these fonts correcty. Also the other vairable width
9 > fonts are displayed correctly everywhere. The version of Qt that I use now
10 > (and which does not have the problem) is qt-3.1.0-r1. I friend of mine has
11 > a similar problem and the fix was the same too ..
12
13 One thing is that freetype versions below 2.1.3 do not support compressed
14 bitmapped fonts (pcf.gz) as available in stock xfree. The option so is to
15 either upgrade, or to unpack those fonts. With the new qt it now uses
16 fontconfig/xft2.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze