From: Pieter Breed <pantera@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gcc and qt
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:02:11
1 Hi
2
3 I am just reporting two problems I had and what I did to fix it for me...
4
5 The gcc version that 'emerge world -u' tried to install (gcc-3.2.1-r6) does
6 not contain/make the correct /usr/bin/gcc file. The file is just not there
7 after I merge it. The version I have now that works is gcc-3.2.1-r1. Even
8 if I do a tar tjf on the .tbz2 file for the 3.2.1-r6 package it does not show
9 /usr/bin/gcc...
10
11 The other thing is that the newest Qt (qt-3.1.1) breaks my mono-spaced fonts.
12 I am not a font buff so I just mean 'all fonts where chars are of equal
13 width' Also it (obviously) only breaks fonts for programs (typically KDE)
14 that uses the Qt font subsystem. I say this because my gnome programs (like
15 gvim) display these fonts correcty. Also the other vairable width fonts are
16 displayed correctly everywhere. The version of Qt that I use now (and which
17 does not have the problem) is qt-3.1.0-r1. I friend of mine has a similar
18 problem and the fix was the same too ..
19
20 regards
21 good luck on 1.4
22