From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only you can prevent broken portage trees
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:50:25
1 On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:30:24 -0500 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I'm just trying to make my life as an ebuild maintainer easier. This
4 | means some individuals may file bugs against an old crusty version of
5 | a package that I maintain because $arch hasn't keyworded a newer
6 | version yet. Then I have to tell the user that they are using a
7 | crusty old version and to use a newer one. Double bonus if they are
8 | actually using said $arch and need to keyword the newer version
9 | themselves.
10
11 Well, if that happens, it increases the priority of keywording the new
12 version. Because once users start to care, things are more important.
15 Ciaran McCreesh
16 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
17 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
18 as-needed is broken : http://ciaranm.org/show_post.pl?post_id=13