From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: dev-lang/gnat-gcc/
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 15:07:01
1 On Wednesday 02 September 2015 16:29:52 hasufell wrote:
2 > > - >=sys-libs/ncurses-5.7"
3 > > + >=sys-libs/ncurses-5.7:*"
4 > This doesn't look correct to me, unless dev-lang/gnat-gcc doesn't need
5 > ncurses headers(?). Only sys-libs/ncurses:0 provides headers (the other
6 > slots are for binary compatibility), so we probably want to depend on
7 > SLOT :0. In addition, if we fix the SLOT to :0, we should do a revbump
8 > to ensure that user VDB is updated correctly.
9 Ah, Ok, thanks for heads up on ncurses (OTOH this is a bit strange - different
10 slots provide not just incompatible but drastically different contents.
11 Shouldn't there be a separate -headers package then? The deps would be kind of
12 more evident in such case..).
13 This was a part of general change to fix repoman complaints. I'll fix the
14 ncurses part and do a revbump to update VDB then..