From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: dev-lang/gnat-gcc/
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 15:16:04
1 On 09/02/2015 05:06 PM, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 02 September 2015 16:29:52 hasufell wrote:
3 >>> - >=sys-libs/ncurses-5.7"
4 >>> + >=sys-libs/ncurses-5.7:*"
5 >> This doesn't look correct to me, unless dev-lang/gnat-gcc doesn't need
6 >> ncurses headers(?). Only sys-libs/ncurses:0 provides headers (the other
7 >> slots are for binary compatibility), so we probably want to depend on
8 >> SLOT :0. In addition, if we fix the SLOT to :0, we should do a revbump
9 >> to ensure that user VDB is updated correctly.
10 > Ah, Ok, thanks for heads up on ncurses (OTOH this is a bit strange - different
11 > slots provide not just incompatible but drastically different contents.
12 > Shouldn't there be a separate -headers package then? The deps would be kind of
13 > more evident in such case..).
14 > This was a part of general change to fix repoman complaints. I'll fix the
15 > ncurses part and do a revbump to update VDB then..
20 Well, it isn't particularly nice, because we don't have proper SLOT
21 descriptions (although SLOT can contain any of the characters
22 [A-Za-z0-9+_.-], but then I am not sure how the PM decides about the
23 "best" SLOT... I couldn't find a useful answer in PMS).
24
25 However, this slotting method is already used in libraries like
26 media-libs/libpng or dev-libs/openssl, so it seems it silently became a
27 standard.