From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman adding "Package-Manager: portage-2.2.20.1" to every single commit
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:41:53
1 On 08/19/2015 12:37 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 08/19/2015 09:33 AM, hasufell wrote:
3 >> I don't want to start a lot of bikeshed, but I think this information is
4 >> practically useless.
5 >>
6 >> If there has been a problem with a commit, ask the developer about his
7 >> repoman version (which I believe was the reason for this, unless you
8 >> want me to add "Package-Manager: paludis-2.4.0" to every commit ;).
9 >>
10 >> Let's just remove it.
13 > The intent is to leave a record of the version of repoman used, which
14 > leaves an audit trail in case there's a bug in some some version (or to
15 > detect if someone is using an ancient version). It can especially be
16 > useful when new repoman checks need to be added for new EAPI features.
17 >
18 If repoman supported adding a signedoffby line I'd likely use it more
19 for commits. Still running repoman full before commit though.
22 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)