From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:03:23
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2
3 [report with some disappointing results more or less]
4
5 I partecipated as both ffmpeg and gentoo so I have another view on the
6 issue.
7
8 The project I proposed sadly went nowhere and probably IF I'd start
9 mentoring again I'd be quite more strict.
10
11 ffmpeg got just vc-1 working as should, all the other code got somewhat
12 halfway, mostly because we expected a lot. (amr and ac3 seems to have
13 something alive, aac isn't something that good)
14
15 The Gentoo results aren't that bad on the average, we got something,
16 sadly not yet finalized properly.
17
18 That said I think the experience was good and we should try to get into
19 this other round with the experience of the past summer =)
20
21 lu
22
23 PS: Could we have some status reports on the project still uncomplete? I
24 know that JoseJX one is just pending a release and some ps3 minor fixes,
25 but I'm not that aware about the others.
29 Luca Barbato
30
31 Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
32 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero