From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Support Everywhere
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 21:31:20
1 On Wed, May 20, 2009 19:12, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Jesús Guerrero wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Wed, May 20, 2009 18:43, Petteri Räty wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Jesús Guerrero wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>> Hello,
10 >>>>
11 >>>>
12 >>>>
13 >>>> This is a request for comments on a new project,
14 >>>> namely "Gentoo Support Everywhere".
15 >>>>
16 >>>> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gse/
17 >>>>
18 >>>>
19 >>>>
20 >>> New projects must be announced via gentoo-dev-announce and I haven't
21 >>> see a mail although project pages exist. Also I don't see how this
22 >>> thread belonged to the -dev mailing list in the first place. Seems
23 >>> -project
24 >>> material to me.
25 >>
26 >> Because that's what GLEP39 says, and I haven't found any more
27 >> official doc on it. Quoting it:
28 >>
29 >> "Any dev may create a new project just by creating a new page (or, more
30 >> realistically, directory and page) in gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en and
31 >> sending a Request For Comments (RFC) e-mail to gentoo-dev."
34 >> So, these are the steps I've followed. As said, I am new to this
35 >> stuff.
39 > Yeah I don't think the GLEPs have been active maintained for a while but
40 > really need to something to that. I stress to new devs to think to use
41 > gentoo-dev-announce for all important matters even if the docs don't
42 > explicitly state it. Any way please also make a post to
43 > gentoo-dev-announce to rectify the situation.
44
45 Thanks Petteri, I shall do it.
48 Jesús Guerrero