From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Support Everywhere
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:12:41
1 Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 20, 2009 18:43, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> Jesús Guerrero wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Hello,
6 >>>
7 >>>
8 >>> This is a request for comments on a new project,
9 >>> namely "Gentoo Support Everywhere".
10 >>>
11 >>> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gse/
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >> New projects must be announced via gentoo-dev-announce and I haven't see
15 >> a mail although project pages exist. Also I don't see how this thread
16 >> belonged to the -dev mailing list in the first place. Seems -project
17 >> material to me.
18 >
19 > Because that's what GLEP39 says, and I haven't found any more
20 > official doc on it. Quoting it:
21 >
22 > "Any dev may create a new project just by creating a new page (or, more
23 > realistically, directory and page) in gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en and
24 > sending a Request For Comments (RFC) e-mail to gentoo-dev."
27 > So, these are the steps I've followed. As said, I am new to this
28 > stuff.
32 Yeah I don't think the GLEPs have been active maintained for a while but
33 really need to something to that. I stress to new devs to think to use
34 gentoo-dev-announce for all important matters even if the docs don't
35 explicitly state it. Any way please also make a post to
36 gentoo-dev-announce to rectify the situation.
37
38 Regards,
39 Petteri