From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] disabling password authentication on dev.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 02:24:25
1 On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 09:09:18PM -0500, Kumba wrote:
2 > I kinda got this figured out for cvs by dumping ssh keys from one of
3 > my machines onto dev, but How will we copy our keys to get distributed
4 > to dev now?
5 Thats a very good question. In this case you'd have to go thru an admin
6 for it to work, which would firstly produce a bottleneck, and secondly
7 create more oppertunities for a possible security breach I think. The
8 initial send of the ssh key would have to be verified as coming from a
9 valid source (to stop some social engineering/taking advantage of
10 timing).
11
12 > And what about those of us that run ssh connections off a windows
13 > desktop (i.e. PuTTY), how can this be setup properly?
14 Look at Pageant for keeping access from windows. I had 3 keys loaded in
15 my Pageant for shelling everywhere from windows.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
20 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
21 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
22 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85