From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: devmanual moved to github
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 16:12:55
1 On 13/05/2013 02:08, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Second, I think this really points to there being value for something
3 > like Gerrit available on Gentoo, which might be the best of both
4 > worlds. I've never used it myself but I'm tempted to install it just
5 > to start messing with it personally. I'd be interested in whether
6 > anybody is familiar with it and doesn't feel that it is an appropriate
7 > tool for us to use. If the consensus is overwhelmingly positive then
8 > it would be great to have it deployed on Gentoo infra. And yes, I
9 > realize that this is easy to type, but hard work to implement. I see
10 > dual-workflows like Github as an interim solution. Personally, I'm
11 > not entirely opposed to even a Github-only solution as an interim if
12 > we were actively working on something FOSS-based, however I realize
13 > that not all might agree on that.
14 >
15 > Rich
18 I am not 100% certain, but I believe Gerrit has been suggested before
19 and rejected because it relies on Java, and ReviewBoard because it
20 "sucks". Another option that looks nice is GitLab.